FGUP "The Federal center for
dual-use technologies "Soyuz"

The enterprise was founded in 1947

140090, Russia, Moscow region, Dzerzhinsky, Academica Zhukova str., 42
Fax:+7(495) 551‑11‑44
e-mail: soyuz@fcdt.ru; sector_ves@rambler.ru

History of the enterprise

Main milestones of the history

In December 1940, according to the order of people’s commissar of ammunition of the USSR № 402 dated 12 December 1940, a plant 512, which produced shells for aircraft armament, was created on the base of Dzerzhinskiy NKVD of the USSR industrial complex.

In December 1941, the production of gunpowder was created (the order of the people's commissar of  ammunition of the USSR № 47 dated 5 December 1941) and the plant started to release powder charges for shells of jet artillery M-8 and M-13, 82-mm batallion and 120-mm regimental mortars.

In November 1943, the Special technical bureau was created at the plant № 512 (the order of the people's commissar of ammunition of USSR № 1061 dated 17 November 1943).

In August 1944, the plant № 512 was reorganized into experimental and research plant for the development and introduction of a new (auger) technology of nitroglycerin gunpowder production at plants of people's commissariat of ammunition (Government resolution of the USSR dated 28 July 1944, and the order of the people's commissariat of ammunition of the USSR № 1643 dated 10 August 1944). During the war the plant produced and delivered to the front more than 500 thousand of charges for jet shells and 30 million of charges for mortar systems.

In 1947, 7 scientific departments were created at the experimental and research plant 512, the plan of research work included 32 themes, the scientific and technical council functioned.

In October 1947, the research institute of jet gunpowders 125 was created on the base of the experimental and research plant 512, according to the order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR №15553 dated 24 October 1947.

In November 1966, the research institute of chemical technology was created on the base of the research institute 125, according to the order of the Minister of machine industry of the USSR № 58 dated 28 November 1966.

In October 1973, the research and production union "Soyuz" was formed, according to the order of the Minister of machine industry of the USSR № 380 dated 10 October 1973, on the base of the research institute of chemical technology, which included the experimental plant of chemical engineering and the central scientific and design bureau.

In August 1994, the research and production union "Soyuz" was transformed into the Federal center for dual-use technologies "Soyuz" (FCDT "Soyuz"), according to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation № 1692 dated 15 August 1994.

In October 2002, FCDT "Soyuz" was renamed into the Federal state unitary enterprise "The Federal center for dual-use technologies "Soyuz" (FGUP "FCDT "Soyuz"), according to the order of general director of the Russian munitions agency № 516 dated 14 October 2002.

In October 2007, the team of FGUP "FCDT "Soyuz" was awarded a commendation for the great contribution in the development and production of special equipment and dual-use technologies, according to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation.

In February 2013, the team of FGUP "FCDT "Soyuz" was awarded a commendation for the great contribution in the development and production of special equipment, strengthen nation's defences and achievements in labor, according to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation.

The heads of FGUP "FCDT "Soyuz"

  • 19471951 Director Samuil Grigorjevich Frankfurt;
  • 1951–1953, 1955–1988 General Director, Academician Boris Petrovich Zhukov;
  • 1953–1955 General Director, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor Leonid Alekseevich Smirnov;
  • 1988–1996 General Director and General Designer, Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor Zinovij Petrovich Pak;
  • from 1996 to the present General Director and General Designer, Academician of the Russain Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor Yuriy Mihailovich Milekhin.